Longest natural beach in the world, archaeological sites, historical mosques and monuments picturesque landscape, chaotic cities, forest walks, rolling tea gardens, rich flora & fauna, enchanting colorful tribal life, river journeys, innocent rural life, distinctly different topography, flavors of food, color and festivity are all part of this exploration of Bangladesh.
To visit Bangladesh something may be worked more joyful for ‘journey to Bangladesh’.
1. Best time to Visit BD : From Aug-March
2. Bangladesh Visa on Arrival (VOA) : It is very easy to get VOA only at airports (Dhaka, Chittagong, Sylhet). The booth is open 24 hours and procedure is easy. Just go the respective booth, provide your passport (No need photocopy, they will do it), pay the fees (USD 51) and get 4 Weeks visa stamp on your passport. All country Citizens are eligible to get VOA except : a. India, b. Pakistan, c. Algeria, d. Sudan, e. Iraq & f. Afghanistan . No VOA is provided in any land borders. The VOA is applicable only for those who arrive by air.
Over staying: Overstaying is not a big issue here. You can easily overstay some days. Some time immigration officers ignore this, especially in land borders. But there is a rule of fine for over staying : Tk 200 per day for first 15 days and Tk. 500 per day after 15 days.
3. Route Change permission : You may enter by air and leave by land. For this NO NEED to take permission from anywhere. Yes, there was such a rule earlier but no use at all. No one will ask you either on ward ticket at airport or route permit at land border. So, don’t worry about this.
4. Visit From/to India: Click here for details
5. Currency: Taka (BDT). Present Currency Exchange rate (Dec 11, 2013): 1 USD = 80.10 BD Taka.
6. Banking hours: Sunday – Thursday (From: 10 am – 4 p.m)
7. ATM booths: There are many ATMs in almost all big cities (Dhaka, Chittagong, Khulna, Barisal, Srimongol, Selhet, Coxsbazar), you will find many ATMs those accepts Visa/Master/Amex Cards. For better result use Dutch Bangla Bank ATM booths as they accepts all kind of cards.
8. Money Changers/Banks: You will find Six banks inside airport (almost banks are open 24 hours) where can exchange money. You can find money changers at Motijheel, Fakirapool,Purana Paltan, Gulshan Circle 1& 2 and many other places.
9. Airport-Dhaka city transport: Though the usual Taxi fare is around Tk 300/- but almost all Taxis will demand Tk. 500-700. If you walk around 100 meters, will find main road. Cross the road & take a Taxi/Baby taxi (Tooktook, Locally called : CNG) which will take only Tk. 250 to 300 Tk. To any place of Dhaka City. You will find also many buses to Gulistan/Motijheel/ Gulshan area. Fare only Tk. 20.
10. Every kind of Budget Hotels is available in Dhaka.
11. Hiring a Guide in Bangladesh: Due to language difficulty, an English speaking guide can help you to make your travel plan as well as to execute that plan. It is cheap here to hire a Guide. Some guides can serve only for USD 50/day (Depending on duration & destination).
12. Buying a SIM Card in Bangladesh/ Dhaka airport: It is so easy to buy a SIM Card in BD. You will find a GARMEENPHONE counter just beside the luggage belt. Buy a SIM card (BDT 150) and recharge some amount. Both Grameen and Banglalink have wide network in BD and also can call worldwide.
Welcome To Bangladesh for a ‘ Remembered Happy Journey Of Life’.